(You know, in case you needed any further proof of my white trash-ness, here’s today’s lunch. But if I may — is that not genius? Pure genius. Screw you, Easy Mac. There’s a new sheriff in town.)
Greetings, readers. All three of you. Ah, but seriously … Seven. Eight, tops. 🙂
The ol’ blog’s been quiet for a few days — I’ve been trying to get six days worth of work done in four and navigate our new Web site at work so I haven’t had much in terms of downtime. By the time I’m getting home at night, I’m zoned. But I’ve been reading and keeping up with you all as much as I can.
But some random observations of the last few days:
- CVS at the corner of 15th and K is really just trying to kill me. Their anti-diet-Mountain-Dew aggression will not stand, man. If I have cash, there’s always Vermont International. The hang-up there, of course, being the phrase, “If I have cash.” Cash only businesses piss me off.
- With Metro, I’ve discovered that you either have perfect luck (like you get to the station right as a train comes or where a train will be along in one minute) or you’re just hosed (like last night where at my first stop, I had a seven-minute wait followed by a five-minute wait at the second stop and a three-minute wait at the third. Yes, that’s 15 minutes of just standing).
- I don’t want your text message, Barack Obama. Just tell Drudge and move on.
- My new computer at work is the most amazing machine ever. And it’s a Mac.
- Of the four or five packages a day I get, I’ve only heard of one of them — books, CDs, etc.
- It takes very little to make me happy — a new friend on Facebook, an e-mail from a friend I haven’t heard from in a while, a cat rubbing his head on me and purring and a good show on Sunday. We talked about the egg donation on Sunday and it was great. I got a new caller (Erin!!!) and she was great. I hope she comes back.
- Sunday’s podcast isn’t up because I’m lazy. I just haven’t gotten around to it. But soon, I hope.
- Oh, and most importantly — MY DAD IS WALKING!! Yeah! That’s right. Bob is MOBILE. With help, of course, but he’s mobile. He’s also talking more and more. You can actually hear his voice. He’s good with short questions, but you can tell there’s some processing time there, too. All in all, amazing. Nothing short of my total hero in every sense of the word. He’s tougher than I could ever be.
Other than that, things are normal. I’ve got a ton of uploading to do for work, so I need to get on that, but maybe if I feel like partying, I’ll post some Metro shots from the last few days. I’ve also been spending time at night doing this thing called “reading” where you hold a book and look at the words and they tell a story. It’s pretty badass.