12
Apr
08

Hello. My name is Jacque Jo. And I’m a Trash TVaholic.

Just look at his face. His baby face. That grin that says, “You can trust me! I’m going to let you cry on me. We’ll be best friends. We can go buy Jimmy Choo shoes together to go with your new Coach bag.”

Cheaters

The first step to overcoming my addiction to “Cheaters” is for me to admit that I do, in fact, have an addiction, that I’m powerless over it and turn it over to God, right? Is that how it works?

OK. I’m not ready yet. I was just going through the DVR list and it’s, well, pathetic. I have three things that get recorded every time they’re on — “Cheaters,” “WKRP in Cincinnati” (a true classic as far as television goes) and “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” (which I hope FX has the common sense to renew for a fourth season).

Second and third items on the list? Not so bad. Respectable, even. That first one? Oof. Not to mention that when I programmed the DVR, it picks up every episode on every channel every day. Because most of them are repeats, I end up deleting about 75 percent of them. The other 25 percent give me that great glimpse into that, “Well, at least it’s not MY life” world we all find so delicious.

Maybe it’s because I consider myself pretty lucky at this love thing right now. It wouldn’t even cross my mind that I’m being cheated on for a multitude of reasons, not all of them obvious. I’m secure and loved and all of that, so maybe that part of me that craves chaos likes this show so much because I get to see it … in living color. On 40-inch high definition.

It’s the same with “To Catch a Predator” on Dateline NBC. I love seeing these simpletons get confronted by Chris Hansen. It makes my day. Maybe because for ONE sliver of time, I can take comfort in knowing somebody’s having a worse day than I am.

If nothing else, it’s good sleeping TV. You don’t have to pay attention to understand what’s going on. And every half-hour, it starts all over again.

Advertisements

5 Responses to “Hello. My name is Jacque Jo. And I’m a Trash TVaholic.”


  1. April 12, 2008 at 4:50 pm

    I’ve found myself watching “cheaters” because the people are so stupid.

  2. April 12, 2008 at 4:55 pm

    I think that’s what it is … I laugh so hard. My favorite one is where a woman started beating another chick with … her wig. Her wig. She beat her up in a car wash with … a wig.

    I swear, I ever see a bank of white vans coming my way, though, I’m out.

  3. 3 Joe
    April 13, 2008 at 11:53 am

    We don’t watch Cheaters in my house because it’s a little too close to home. But a guilty pleasure is still a pleasure.

  4. 4 Angela
    April 13, 2008 at 2:40 pm

    I’m so glad I don’t have cable right now. Or TV even. Oh, yes, I’d be hopelessly addicted, and I have far too many addicitons going on right now. But . . . hmmmm. . . . must. think. about. buying. TV.

  5. April 14, 2008 at 9:23 am

    Joe: I’m the only one that watches it with any regularity. I think only a couple of times B has sat through an episode or two with me. Now, “Cops”? We’re all over it. We lost two hours yesterday to a “Cops” marathon because it was filmed in his hometown of Nashville and he could pick out locations.

    Angela: I need to seriously pare down my TV package. I’m doing entirely too much viewing. I need to find things to do OUTSIDE of the house.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Like it? Subscribe!

April 2008
M T W T F S S
« Mar   May »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  

Top Clicks

  • None

The Stat Sheet

  • 34,507 people have read me!

On Demand

Listen to back episodes of our hit show, "Happy Hour -- The Show That Never Ends" by subscribing to the feed. New episodes every Sunday night at 9 p.m. exclusively on TalkRadioX.

Subscribe to Happy Hour -- The Show That Never Ends


Powered by FeedBurner


%d bloggers like this: